As we all know, we all have written essays in childhood. Whether it is about high school or college, we have written it all over. Essays are also used in the world of business. If I give you the definition of the essay, “This is a small part of writing which gives you information and also tells the writer’s opinion.” In the upcoming paragraph we will make you understand how to write an essay.
Steps for writing an essay
Writing essays for some people is like sitting at a computer and typing, but if you want to write a good essay, then you need a lot of planning.
If you have never written an essay or you have to work harder to write.you want to increase your skills, then you will have to follow some steps for writing essays.
To write an essay, you should generally:
- Decide what kind of essay you want to write.
- Brainstorm on your topic
- Research on your topic
- Develop a thesis
- Outline your essay
- Write your essay
- Edit your writing to check your spelling and grammar
There are many steps to see, but if you follow these steps, then you will understand easily how you write an essay.
1.Choose the type of essay.
In the first task of writing an essay, we have to see what kind of essays we have to write. There are four main categories into which essay can group as:
- Persuasive essay- persuade the reader for some point of view
- Tale essay-Either tells the story or gives straightforward information as in the story to the readers.
- Expository essay- Explain to the reader how to complete a process. For example, if you know how to make a soft drink, then write an expository essay and give a step-by-step instruction.
- Descriptive essay- Whatever is going on, we have to focus on its details. If you want to write descriptive essays about your German trip, then you will tell how you felt, what are the special things of German, etc.
- Compare and contrast essay-To tell the similarities and differences between the 2 subjects, we write compare and contrast essays.
- Problem-solving essay- Tell the readers about a problem, tell them to care about it and give a solution, and stay ready to overcome objections.
2. Brainstorm your topic.
You can’t write an essay until you know about it. Brainstorming is the process in which you come up with a topic. You have to just sit and think about the ideas.
- If you want to identify a subject well and go into its depth and to recognize the various facets of your topic, then brainstorming is very important.
- Write down everything that comes in your mind, you can narrow down those topics later.
Once you have a list of all the possible topics, then you can select any of them which will answer the questions asked for your Essay.
Select the best topic on your list and start writing an essay.
3. Research on your topic.
Once you have completed Brainstorming and have chosen the best topic as per your wish. After that, it is necessary to research the topic for writing a good essay. For that, we will have to go to the library or take the help of the internet or what can we do, we can take the help of any person who is an expert in this field.
Keep the research well organized so that later it will be easier for you to explain. This will also make it easier when you writing your final essay.
4. Develop a thesis
The thesis statement acts as the main point for your writing. This is a sentence that tells what your essays are about. For example, assume that your thesis statement is “The most important discoveries of science.”
You can use this as your base and can write your entire essay. Remember, we have to bring all the different points in our thesis. The thesis statement should be broad enough that you have to say enough about it, but not so broad that you can’t be through.
5. Outline your essay
The next step is the outline. In this, we tell what we are going to write. By writing the outline, it ensures that your paper is logical, well organized, and flows properly.
Start writing a thesis statement at the top, then write a topic sentence for each paragraph below that. This means you know exactly what’s each of your paragraphs going to be about before you write them.
- Do not jumble all ideas in the paragraph and do not confuse the reader.
- Ensure the transition between your paragraphs so the reader understands how the paper flow from one idea to next.
- Fill in the supporting facts from your research under each paragraph. Make sure that every paragraph comes back to your thesis and So, it becomes an understandable and cohesive essay.
6. Write your essay
Once you have completed the outline work, after that our next job is writing.
We have to write according to the outline. To write a good and clear essay, get the basic skeleton out of your mind.
If you want to read your essay again or want to edit, then you have to check whether it is sounding the way I want it. Here are some things to remember:
- Revise for clarity, consistency, and structure.
- Support your thesis adequately with the information in your paragraph.
- Make sure everything is going with the flow. As you move through the essay, transition words should be our top priority because the transition words work as a glue that connects every paragraph together and Prevents essay from becoming disjoint.
- Re-read your introduction and conclusion. Will your reader know what your paper was really about?
In your introduction hook is very important so it becomes important for you to add some hook in it. It is a line, it will entice the readers and encourage them to want to learn more.
7. Check spelling and grammar
You have written the essay, but the work is not yet complete. Re-read what you have written and correct any mistake that has been made.
- Revise the technical errors.
- Check your grammar, punctuation, and spelling because it cannot always depend on spellcheck. You cannot always depend on spellcheck. Sometimes you misspell a word incorrectly, but your misspell word will also be considered a word.
- Another common area of concern is quotation marks. It becomes necessary to work with Accuracy and clarity
So these were some important steps by which we can tell how to write an essay.
In this blog, we educated you in regards to how to write an essay. This will give you a format on how to write an essay.
We believe all you have understood the tips for writing a good essay.
If you want any essay help online then take help from our experts. We would be happy to help you out.